I recently dined with my parents at bleu at its new location on East Walnut Street. The last time I was in that location was when Boone Tavern owned the space. I have to say, bleu has done wonders with the location. The atmosphere is comfortable, yet refined and the employees are warm, receptive and knowledgeable about the food and drinks. Our waitress even talked about her excitement about the restaurant’s new location and the many more events they are able to host with the bigger space.
While I cannot vouch for all of the meals bleu produces, I can vouch for the five, mouth-watering dishes I shared with my parents. Scanning the menu, we quickly realized there was no way we each would be able to decide on just one dish. Being the problem solvers we are, we ordered five dishes to share and were barely able to remove ourselves from the table after the feast.
Caution: The following dishes have an immense amount of garlic. Be sure to have mints, gum or something else to freshen up after!
Under the “Nosh” section, we ordered the following:
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Slab Bacon- This was incredible! Small brussles sprouts and bite size pieces of bacon sautéed in what tasted like olive oil and garlic.
- Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Fries- Hand-cut french fries cooked in garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. Probably the most delicious french fries I have ever eaten!
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus & Grilled Pita- Perfect amount of pita bread, vegetables, hummus and pesto. Easy to share with the whole table!
(The dishes above can also be ordered Gluten free if you ask your server)
- The bleu Burger- 7 o.z. hormone free burger on a brioche bun- covered in confit mushrooms, arugula, and sun dried tomato aioli (We topped it with sharp cheddar cheese)
- Shrimp & Grits- creamy cheddar grits, garlic shrimp, and onion straws sprinkled on top. This is a rich dish, so be prepared to share or take it home!
These are just a few of the wonderful options bleu has to offer. I know I am excited to dine there again and try even more dishes. If you are looking for a local restaurant for a date, business meeting, or dinner with friends or family, bleu is a great option. Bon appétit!